Sunday 14 February 2016

Arts and Crafts Afternoon

Last night I was looking into leather and how it could be worked on. So far, the only way to decorate leather was to use acrylic paint. I looked further into it and realised that you needed a special type acrylic paint that was suited for leather, which I don't currently have. Then suddenly, inspiration struck me and I started to wonder whether it would be possible to use markers instead of paint and after further research, I saw that it was possible!

Over Christmas I had made a small Traveler's Notebook (TN) with plain non-dyed leather and I still had some bits that had not been used so I took them and proceeded to use some of the markers to test my theory. And it seems to work! I made a small bookmark with one of the pieces and it turned out really great!

Because I only have 2 (well 3 if you count grey) coloured markers in red and black, there was really only one subject who was acceptable for this mini project...

Here are some pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment