Thursday 4 February 2016

29 Faces Challenge - Day 4



My take on Lisbeth Salander from the Millenium series by Stieg Larsson. I based myself on the look given to Rooney Mara because it was so extreme and simply because I wanted to draw a mohawk.

I really liked the book series although I got lost somewhere in book 3. I also watched both the Swedish movies as well as the American remake. While I tend to be against remakes of classical movies, I have to say that I liked this particular remake. One thing I was looking forward to when they announced that they were making a new (American) movie (after the extreme disgust I felt when I heard the news) was to see how they were going to interpret Lisbeth. She is such a strong and unique character and I was afraid that they would glamourise her too much but they kept her as understated as she was in the books and this is probably the reason why I liked the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment