Monday 9 May 2016

Transformation - Part 1

I have introduced my natural untreated leather cover a while ago. This was the very first cover I ever did and it is clearly my pride and joy. This is the cover that houses my Hobonichi Techo (A6) and it's a cover I use every day.

A few months ago, I also made a bright red A6 and LMC sized cover with a Deadpool design on it. I documented this largely in this post and this one.

I have temporarily removed my Hobonichi and placed it in the Deadpool A6 cover while I work on the plain leather one.






Before I start drawing on it, I need to prepare the leather, which means I need to give it a bit of a clean because over the weeks, it has developed some marks and I need to have those removed.





I have removed the closing elastic band and I have wiped the cover clean with a damp cloth. I have seen different instructions recommending to use mild soap and then some form of conditioner but all I want really is to remove the main black marks and freshen it up a little.

This is now done, so I will have to wait until it fully dries. In the meantime, I'm going to start working on the actual design and I will be gathering my supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment