Saturday 3 September 2016

#29faceschallenge - Day 3

And here is day 3 of the 29 Faces Challenge!

Probably the last horror movie portrait I do for the challenge with Sadako from the Ring. Sadako is definitely my favourite between her and Kayako. I think she's creepier and I love her hair too... I have read somewhere that they had done a movie called Sadako vs Kayako...

I have been playing around with my brand new black half pan that I bought yesterday. I have read that this is not a popular colour to use so I was a bit reluctant to use it but I thought I would give it a go and see how it worked. I have to say it worked out really well and it's becoming my favourite one along the Payne's Grey pans...




8 comments:

  1. Wow! The face is full of emotions. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I did my best! I was always struck by that picture so I had to paint it! :)

      Delete
  2. I really love the style of this, it's extremely unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh she is awesome. The expression is perfect as well as the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of horror movies but I've seen The Ring (japanese version). Your painting has captured that creepy feeling I felt while watching the movie, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm not a big fan of all horror movies. I like the ones that go more like: 'boo!' there's a ghost behind that door. I loved the Ring and the Grudge as well. So glad I managed to capture her essence! :)

      Delete