Friday 15 April 2016

Harley Quinn

I have been a long time fan of Batman comics and I was introduced to them by my husband who is a avid fan of the masked hero. I really loved the contrast between the different Robins and Batman himself as they are such opposites. While I liked all the good guys, I didn't really have a favourite bad guy (although I did like Bane because he was so impossibly muscular). As much as I appreciated Batman's arch enemy, the Joker, it was really when I got to watch the movies and the animated series that I really got to appreciate him and Harley Quinn.

I absolutely loved how Bruce Timm drew her and I loved the energy that she had in the animated series. Now that the Suicide Squad movie is almost upon us, I have watched the trailers and I loved Margot Robbie's interpretation of Harley. She gives her a different feel to Harley from the ones I had already seen and felt when reading the books and watched the animated series. Even the way she looks is really different and reflects these differences.

A friend of mine posted the following meme, which pushed me over the edge and made me draw myself as Harley Quinn (there is nothing more empowering than this!)


No comments:

Post a Comment