Wednesday 20 April 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Apparition Lake by Dan D. Lamoreux and Doug Lamoreux

*WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!*

A few months ago, I was sent the novel Apparition Lake by authors Daniel D Lamoreux and Doug Lamoreux. The book was published by Creativia.



When I saw the title, I didn't really know what to expect but I was hoping for a tale of mystery and supernatural. I was not disappointed at all! Both mystery and supernatural were present in this story.

I devoured the book! I seriously could not put it down. I loved Glenn Merril and Two Ravens. Even though both men come from very different backgrounds they form the kind of friendship and bond one aims to find with another person. I also liked J.D. who reminded me a bit of Dana Scully from the X-Files: a strong female scientist but I didn't warm up as much as I did with the other two men.

As much as I loved the main characters, I have to say that I positively hated Stubby and was glad to see what became of him. I think I hated him even more than the poachers! One thing that surprised me was that their characters were not as fleshed out as the 'good guys' but it didn't spoil anything at all.

When I reached the end of the book, I thought long and hard about the main message of the book: mistreating the environment can have very serious consequences, and not just supernatural onces.

The descriptions really made me want to add Yellowstone to the bucket list of places I want to visit and it also made me want to leave my office more often to go and explore the nature around me.

Rating: 5*/5

No comments:

Post a Comment