Saturday 1 October 2016

#inktober is upon us at last!

Today marks the beginning of #inktober, a really great challenge that is popular among artists around the world. This is going to be my second year taking part in it and I still feel intimidated by the amount of talent I see everywhere.

If you want to know all about Inktober, feel free to visit the official link where you'll find descriptions, great art and great videos.

This year, I am very lucky to be doing the challenge with two very talented artists and I am sure we are going to have a lot of fun along the way.

While waiting impatiently for the challenge to begin, I saw a list of prompts and I wasn't too sure whether I wanted to follow it or not.



After doing the 29 faces challenge and be stuck with one single topic, I was looking forward to spreading my wings and do something more organic. Still, after reading the prompts, I realised that they were not as restrictive as I first thought so I decided to give them a try.

One good thing already started coming from the challenge and it is that I created my very own monster. For a long time I had wanted to create a unique character that would be all mine and I have finally had my wish.

This little monster is named Zazs and he will be the main actor in this year's Inktober challenge.

Here he is in all his green glory:


I will try my best to regularly update the blog with new drawings. One site I will be updating regularly will be my Instagram account ( @wynterblackarts ), so feel free to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment